Sunday, February 7, 2010

Saturday Continued

(Be sure to see the picture in the previous blog.)

Saturday morning, I took a chicken sandwich and some pecan pie to my mother. She had just studied the lesson for Sunday, and she wanted to know how I was planning to teach it. The lesson is on convincing the unbeliever that God is so wonderful. I told her that I had finally come to the realization that I cannot convince anyone because I am so imperfect. Only the Spirit of God can do that, and that is my continuous plea. I heard a song this week on the radio with these lyrics...."You can't enjoy the fruit until you get out on a limb."

When I returned home, Bill had finished work on his on-line media class, so we went to Red Lobster and enjoyed the gift card that Kirk sent. We both had lobster, shrimp and scallops. Yum! From there, we went to the Hornbeck and saw, "Leap Year". Okay! I'm ready to go to Ireland! The landscape and culture is so romantic! Keri, you and Kevin picked the perfect honeymoon escape!

After watching the movie, we came home and watched "Huckabee". The Ventures were his guests. They played, "Hawaii Five O" and "Walk, Don't Run". Last week, Neil Sadaka was the guest, and the week before, Andy Williams. I love that show!!! We also listened to Sarah Palin. People can mock her and make fun of her all day, but she said one thing that I don't hear from others........"We as people have human failings. We don't always have the answers and we need Divine intervention." She also said that she didn't want the TEA Party to back only Republicans and be a bunch of sheep. We should judge each candidate individually before deciding who to vote for. Her husband, Todd Palin is not a registered Republican. He is Independent. Shouldn't we all be???

No comments: