Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday snowstorm

I just got back from FireLake and put my groceries away. It was my first time to load my car while the snow was falling. A cart lady came over and helped me!! How nice! There is a dusting of white on our lawn and the trees. Maybe the weather put me in the Christmas spirit because I bought some Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. The delicious smell of FireLake's barbeque also caused me to sin and buy some pulled pork on my way out.

This week has been challenging in my morning English classes. I've been teaching active and passive voice. The same unit also introduces transitive and intransitive verbs. Last session, I taught the same students past participles, so it wasn't too hard. In the afternoon, I have a reading and writing class that has a very interesting textbook. It's about cultures around the world. Yesterday, we read about the Mexican's Day of the Dead. Today, we read about the importance of cows in India. Tomorrow, we'll learn about The Great Wall of China. I'm learning new facts that I didn't know along with the students

Yesterday, I had my nails done. I always use a pearlized pink that is called, "Royal Flush". They were out and had ordered a new bottle for me. Ivy (the owner's wife) said it was a shade darker. Dan, the fellow who was doing my nails, disagreed with her. He said it was the same. They argued for quite awhile. Finally, a lady who was sitting next to me said, "Dan, you aren't married yet because you haven't learned to agree with the lady, and then think what you want!" Everyone in the salon burst out laughing.

No comments: