Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day/Happy Birthday

Galen just sent us a text that his granddaughter, Haydn Dawn, was delivered at Unity Hospital in Shawnee at 10:30 am. Shelly had all of her kids by C-section. No wonder! Haydn was 9 lbs. 8 oz. Shelly is very petite!

Today is also my daughter-in-law, Tamra's, birthday! She's celebrating in the Philippines. Kirk said he was sending her to a hotel spa.

Yesterday, was Noel's birthday. He said he douple-dipped since it was Father's Day. Janice is planning to drive him to Shawnee this weekend to see Galen and Sondra before they go back to California. Noel is still recovering from a recent light stroke.

Bible Study took me by complete surprise on Sunday! Two of our new Muslim students came, and a third young man showed up for worship service. I reached out my hand, but instead he kissed me on both cheeks! A Cowboy Church pastor from Muleshoe, Texas was our guest. It worked out because Pastor Larry was in the hospital. (He had a mild stroke!) Steve Frisco was in Shawnee at the Expo Center to auction horses for the weekend, and brought the message to us. I guess he's famous because we had about 30 guests come who knew that he would be there. Steve became a Christian when he was 35 years old. He shared that he was so depressed that he pulled his pick-up truck over to the side of the highway and had a long talk with God. He began to search the scriptures and got so excited that he had to start sharing what he knew.

I'll write more later. I have so much more to share.

No comments: