Friday, June 18, 2010

New Schedule/SBC Pics/Mom/ Galen/Kirk

We finished Session #6 at school and I am excited about my new schedule. Since we have a lot of OBU graduates who majored in ESL and who want to teach until they go abroad, I can have my afternoons free. I love that! One of my pet peeves is clutter, so I can keep my home organized for a little while. I noticed that I have passed on my need for organization to Keri. She had everything ready for the baby when I arrived in Chicago. I shared the baby's walk-in-closet which had 32 new outfits hanging in order from 3 months to 1 year old. They were all gifts from her church shower!

Kelli wrote that she is back home in Michigan and sent the following website to view the pics that she has worked on. It looks like she had to write carefully and be sure she had all of her facts. Kelli said that the convention was very positive and had a spirit of unity. http://wwwsbcannualmeeting.net/sbc10/pictures/

Galen, Sondra and Mom are on their way to Oklahoma this afternoon. Galen and Sondra will be here for the birth of another grandchild. The gender is a secret! Next weekend is the PowWow. I've been watching the tribe cover the mini-golf course and build a new RV park next to the river.

Kirk and Tamra are having a great time in Manila, Philippines. They have been working with college students and have found most of them to be disenchanted with the Catholic Church. They don't want religion, and rules. They want to know who God is, and have a spirit of peace. The good news is that we can know God if we WANT to.

No comments: