Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pictures of Grayslake, Illinois (in blog below)

I will post just a few pictures each day. Grayslake is a northern suburb of Chicago. It is next to Gurnee which is home to Six Flags. One of my joys while visiting Keri and Kevin is sleeping in the guestroom on the second floor which overlooks the lake. Every morning, I could look out my windows and watch the activity on the lake. Fishermen were preparing for relaxation and geese were flying in formation. Most afternoons, I would walk the girls on the beach and meet neighbors from the other condos. I enjoyed talking to Lori, a retired lady my age, and two East Indian ladies with children whose husbands work for Abbott's Laboratories. Grayslake is a forested area with many more lakes nearby.

Mom called last night. In spite of turbulent weather near Denver, she made it to the Ontario Airport in California. Roger told her to call him on her cell phone when she landed, so he met her right away. Roger is in charge of the senior group in his church, and had taken Mom out to breakfast with them, and to sing for a nursing home. She had also spent the afternoon with David and Meche. She was a "happy camper".

Kirk and Tamra left for the Philippines on Tuesday, so they will miss seeing Gramma. Kirk was bummed about that! However, he planned to join the family lunch at Cal Baptist University on Sunday so that he could spend time with his Uncle David. I think Kelli leaves next week for Orland to cover the SBC Convention. She was excited about it when I saw her in Chicago. Hannah and Caleb will go to tennis camp. In spite of being in the 9th grade, Caleb has been asked to try out for the varsity team. His goal is to beat his Papa Bill in tennis. (He has yet to do that! )

No comments: