Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekend Events

We are currently experiencing a thunder storm as I write this blog. I opened the French doors while Bill and I ate breakfast this morning so that we could watch the rain. My plants are doing extremely well this year. I hope they survive the storm.

Kelli called from Orlando on Saturday. She was relaxing by the hotel pool for a few minutes. While talking, she could see on her call waiting that her editor was trying to reach her, so I let her go. She told me earlier that she enjoys seeing her journalist friends at the SBC Convention every year. I may have mentioned that Kelli's job is to write by-lines for the photos.

Mom called and was having a great time in California. Highlights for her were seeing her twin great grandsons, and seeing the play, "Pygmalian" .

I missed some of my calls, but hope those people will call back.

Bible Study was great on Sunday. We had a new couple join us ---Bear and Sarah Ruth. Bear lost his job at the Post Office, but decided to go with our church team to Malawi to help feed orphans for a week. He said it changed his life! What Christians believe and do seems like complete foolishness to the world. However, we have had an experience with God that no one can ever take away. I may be crazy, but I'm happy and know where I'm headed when this life is over. After worship service on Sunday, we had our second choir practice for July 4th Sunday. We have a small group ---only 12 of us, but we are working hard. The number we are learning has a lot of syncopation and is quite bouncy!

No comments: