Saturday, October 10, 2009

Can't Believe I'm Doing This!

Last night, Pete and Lorna came over for dinner. I cooked spaghetti and made banana pudding from scratch. (Gramma's recipe) After dinner, Pete and I practiced a violin duet to play in church in 2 weeks. Neither one of us have played much since high school orchestra. Bill arranged a medley of "Spirit of the Living God" and "Greater Is He That Is In Me". After about 30 minutes, it was actually sounding pretty good. I was surprised at how quickly my arm and shoulder was tiring. Could it be that I'm much older than I was in high school?? A fellow in Japan encouraged me to buy a new Suzuki violin while living in Yokohama. I'm glad he did!

I must be a sensuous person! Yesterday, a graduating student gave us long-stemmed red roses, and Lorna brought me a gorgeous plotted plant of spider mums. They look and smell so sweet! It's that time of year! I want to burn cinnamon scented candles and get a pumpkin to carve. Fall is wonderful!!!

No comments: