Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween

I'm so glad that October is almost over! Years ago, I heard in a faculty devotion that we would encounter more problems with the students during October because the spirit of Satan is more active. There is also a fun side to Halloween. Mission Shawnee is giving candy and jackets to children in need. After school, SEI is having a pumpkin carving contest and party. Some simply decorate with marker pens. Some teachers are dressing up. Since I have two new teachers observing my writing classes today, I'm just wearing a pumpkin necklace that lights up.

Kirk wrote that his church is having a "Hallowed Be Thy Name" concert with 5 rock bands. The church is in California. One of the bands is named, "Scare the Hell Out of Em"

Keri called. She has been feeling sick with this baby. The last time she felt bad and layed down, Sofia pulled up her little chair, sang some songs and read her a book. So sweet! Selah got on the phone and sang, "Jesus Loves Me". The words were clear, and she was in tune. I was surprised because she just had her 2nd birthday!!

Tonight, Bill and I will be taking dinner to Mom. I will stay and play games with her and Bill will come home to work on his new class, "Technology of Media".

I had better get to my classes. I really don't like having other teachers watching me because the students get shy and don't discuss as well. I've prayed over it, so we'll just have some fun!

No comments: