Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Nice Mail Today

In spite of the beauty of the season, sometimes fall makes me feel meloncholy when the shadows grow longer and the wind feels cool. However, today the sun was shining brightly and I got some nice mail. In the midst of brown envelopes, Keri sent me pictures of herself next to the Dead Sea in Israel. She looked beautiful! She also sent pics of Sofia and Selah. Sofia will be 5 years old soon. I sent her pink jeans with a matching jean jacket.

I also received an email from a former student in Japan. Kaori Iida was in the High School English Club and reminded me that I taught them the song, "In His Time". Kaori is in college now. I feel humble that she remembered me and took the time to write.

God answered our prayers. Kelli's divorce was final today, and she had to go to court to fight for complete custody of Hannah and Caleb. Anyone who knows Kelli, knows that she is a sweet quiet person who is on the shy side. She told me that before heading to court, 12 year old Hannah noticed tears in Kelli's eyes. She put her arms around her mother and said, "Mom, remember what you always tell me, "Give it to God!" It didn't take the judge long to give Kelli complete custody of the children. I called Gramma to tell her the news. She sighed, and said, I am so relieved! God will take care of our sweet little Kelli!"

No comments: