Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Session

SEI has 12 sessions each year. That enables new foreign students to start when they can, and graduate at their own pace. The goal is to ready them to enter an American university. We began a new session this week. Due to the increase in enrollment, I was drafted to teach 4 classes. I teach advanced reading and writing in the morning, and beginning reading and writing in the afternoon. Our new students are from Saudi Arabia and Japan. We also have several new teachers. Yesterday, a new teacher, Dennis Jennings, asked to sit in on my advanced class. He is Sac and Fox, and has taught at San Francisco State. I took all of my advanced English Literature courses from that institution, so I thought it ironic that I was teaching one of their professors how to teach! Smile!

Bill continues to teach at SEI full-time, and has 4 more weeks of his music on-line class in the evenings. He has been discouraged with the quality of work that he is receiving from his Grand Canyon University students. Perhaps it is a sign of the times. God is still in control and knows the plan. I'm glad I don't have to worry about the outcome! I can relax!

No comments: