Monday, October 5, 2009

Rainy Monday

I will teach my grammar classes this morning and then pick Mom up for the drive to Springfield. Berthena's funeral will be on Tuesday morning at the First Baptist Church in Nixa, MO. Noel called to say that he has arranged for two rooms at the LaQuinta Hotel. Many people are flying in from California. It is raining, but I know that angels will be with me as I drive.

Saturday, was sunny and cool. Bill wanted to take a drive, so I showed him the restaurant where I had eaten with the church people last October when he was in Singapore. It is O'Dells Farm Restaurant on the highway going to Ada. Their speciality is ribs and homemade pies. It was very relaxing! We passed a horse driven wagon and watched trucks unloading pumpkins.

Sunday, was another good day. There were many people sick, but there were still 14 people in my Bible Study class. The lesson was about the cursed fig tree. I had not really understood that story before. Now, I realize that God has the power to cut off any Christian who does not produce spiritual fruit. He is merciful and gives us many chances before He unleashes His wrath. I think my tomatoe plants taught me that lesson!

We began Christmas choir practice after the service. We are singing the musical, "Joy in This Place" by O.D. Hall. I had so many flashbacks as we practiced! Bill directed this same musical in Yokohama, Japan. The Public Relations Director for the LandMark Hotel/Convention Center heard the choir perform and ask us to do it again in the hotel lobby. Wow! We were taken in the security elevator to the Emporor's private suite. There was a new baby grand for our warm-up practice. After our performance ( on a stage which had a circle of restaurants around it) we were invited to have tea with the hotel's chef. He had won awards in San Antonio's International cooking whatever? The Japanese loved the Christmas arrangements! We were so completely humbled by their response to Christian music. We pray that the people of Shawnee will be blessed by this musical as well.

No comments: