Thursday, October 22, 2009

Galen's Best Friend

Yesterday, Galen's best friend, Jim Murcray, had emergency colon surgery. Galen and Jim went to college together and have pastored in California since that time. Patty, Jim's wife, taught school with Sondra until her retirement recently. The doctor has given Jim a 50/50 chance for survival. He is 59 years old. Galen asked that we pray. I know how much Galen is hurting emotionally at this time. It is such a comfort to know that in times like these we have a God who knows what is going on and loves us. If God chooses death for Jim, Galen knows without a doubt that death is not the end ----only the beginning. Recently, Bailey Hill had dinner in our home. Yes, he cried when he talked about losing his wife, Berthena, but there was still joy in his face. He talked about the peace he had that was unexplainable. When I'm feeling sad and don't know how to handle losing friends, I'm so glad I have God to hold me in His arms!

No comments: