Friday, October 2, 2009

Vacation Week

This has been a vacation week for me. Now, I know what retired people do. They do all of the things that have to be done again next week at a relaxed pace. I cleaned closets, organized coupons, did laundry and washed the car. My plants have quite bearing, but they are still green, so I won't pull them up just yet.

Yesterday was just fun! Mom had been so disappointed when I had to cancel her birthday party due to her pneumonia in August, so I invited her Bible Study group to my house for lunch and Mexican Dominoes. I provided Dr. Pepper and ice cream bars. They brought tacos from Taco Mayo. Those 80 plus year old ladies are sharp! They play together every week and I felt challenged to keep up with them!

This morning, the jack hammers are making their own music around our house. Bill spotted two crack lines around the door in our family room. A foundation company is here to put supports on the corner of the house. I guess this is very common as houses age, and when there has been a lot of rain. The men said that our house is in a great condition compared to some they have seen, and that we were smart to catch it while the problem is minor. Without a doubt, God led us to this house so that we can bless others. After living in condos and apartments abroad, I never want to take my home in the States for granted.

No comments: